Heads up! This is a guide for admins. If you're not an admin yet, ask your Beacon admin to promote you so you can start managing fields.
All data stored in Beacon is simply stored as a "record" of a certain "type". Your Beacon database comes pre-packaged with a number of core record types, including:
If you have data that you'd like to save that makes sense to fit into any of the above, you should customise those existing record types.
Got some data that's different? Read on!
Create a new custom record type
Go to the record types page
Scroll down to the Custom Record Types section and click Create record type.
3. Enter a singular and plural label for the record type - e.g. "Building" and "Buildings".
4. Search for an icon by typing some keywords. (Note: we'll be adding a lot more icons soon!)
5. Click Save Changes.
6. The new record type has been created with a few default fields - but of course, you can customise these! See customise record types to learn more.
7. Now your record type has been created, you may want to update the Primary field to better suit the information you'll be storing in the record, and the custom fields you may have created. To update this, go to the Settings > Record types page, and select the record type you created.
8. Scroll down to the Primary field dropdown - you can then choose a field from the dropdown to serve as your new Primary field. Once you've selected, click Save Changes